- Interactive 3D network visualization (rotate, zoom, etc.)
- 2D representation
- Stereo representation (side by side)
- 3D beamer mode (condensed side by side stereo, converted for shutter glasses)
- Ageing-related network data (AgeFactDB)
- Lifespan observations
- Ageing factors
- Augmentation nodes (e.g.: allele types, citations)
- Augmentation with external domain knowledge
- Gene Ontology (GO)
- KEGG Pathways
- Genes of interest analysis (e.g.: differentially expressed genes)
- Scripting language
The viewer can be started directly from the server at
or the source code can be downloaded for local installation
For a local installation there are two options:
- Extract the archive somewhere in the file system.
- Install a web server locally and extract the archive somewhere below the server root directory.
- Install a neo4j server
- python 3.5 or above is required.
To cite the network viewer in publications, use:
Hühne H, Kessler V, Fürstberger A, Kühlwein S, Platzer M, Sühnel J, Lausser L, Kestler HA. 3D Network exploration and visualisation for lifespan data. BMC Bioinformatics 19(1): 390, 2018. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12859-018-2393-x